Notice to all international students travelling to Australia
The Australian Government announced on March 19 2020 a travel ban for all non-residents and non-citizens of Australia effective as of 9pm AEDT March 20 2020.
This requirement is applicable to all international travellers until further notice (see below).
- On May 7 2020 the Australian Government announced a three-step plan to relax restrictions and move towards a COVIDSafe Australia in July 2020.
- Step 3 will see a transition to COVID safe ways of living and working, with international student travel to be considered in this stage.
- Each step will allow education institutions to increase face-to-face interactions and prioritise hands-on, skills-based learning.
- All steps are subject to expert health advice, with states and territories to decide timings and implement changes based on their local circumstances and conditions.
We encourage international students to stay informed and keep an eye out for further updates here and at http://australia.gov.au.
If you are leaving, staying or coming to Australia and want information on your visa and travel restrictions:
2. If you still have questions, visit here for contact information if you’re in Australia, here if calling from Americas, Europe, South Korea or Japan or check the contact list of locations for other Home Affairs overseas offices.
The Smartraveller website contains information about:
- What to do if you are considering travelling to any destination with detected cases of the novel coronavirus.
- What to do while you are away.
- What to do if returning from a destination and you feel unwell.
- What to do if returning from a destination with reported cases.